I’m sure we’ll be hearing more about the new trash collection company at the upcoming Circle Meetings, but here are a few things I’ve learned:
- Each cluster has a set of new, larger, trash bins. One set is for regular trash and one set is for recycling.
- The recycling bins are for “single-stream” recycling, so everything can be deposited together: paper, cardboard, plastic, and glass, as indicated on the labels on top of each bin.
- Although the bins say “No plastic tubs”, I was told by the man setting up the bins that you may recycle plastic food tubs (yogurt containers, frozen food trays, etc.) as long as they are clean and have a recycling triangle and number imprinted on them.
UPDATE: Ed Wadman has sent out the following message with regard to trash removal:
I am writing to inform you that a new method of trash removal has been instituted at the property effective today! As many of you may already know, the new trash totter containers were delivered to Farrar Pond Village this afternoon.
As in the past, the trash totter containers located on the left are used for household waste. All household waste should be placed in sealed plastic bags and disposed of in these totter containers. If you have pet waste or “kitty litter”; this type of waste should be separately bagged and preferably double bagged before placing them in these containers ~ to keep down the odor.
All recyclable materials should be placed in the recycling bins to the right. You do not have to sort your recycling; this is “single-stream” recycling, which means it is sorted at the transfer station or recycling plant.
• The old barrels have been stacked and will be removed from the room by the end of the week; please do not use these barrels.
• The Trash rooms will be cleaned out over the next week.
• Trash removal will remain to be on Tuesdays.
Thank you very much for your assistance. If you have any questions please call me or your Assistant Property Manager Jordan Racine at 617-482-5500.