Farrar Pond Village is a condominium community consisting of 80 units surrounded by fields, woodlands, kettleholes, conservation land, and beautiful Farrar Pond. Built in the 1970’s, the units are a mix of two-bedroom and three-bedroom units on one floor, and three-bedroom town houses with two floors. There are three circles – each with 4-6 buildings of 4-6 units each. Each unit has a full basement, a deck or patio, and two deeded parking places, one of which is in a carport. Sound-insulating firewalls between units provide protection and privacy. All utilities are underground.
Farrar Pond Village is nestled along the southern shores of Farrar Pond and is surrounded by 90 acres of permanently conserved and protected land. Two glacial “kettle holes” are a unique feature of the landscape. On the northerly side of the complex, there is access to the Lincoln trail system and the community boat landing.
The monthly condominium fee provides professional management, professional landscaping, snow removal, exterior maintenance, insurance for building exteriors, household trash removal, lighting for streets, walkways, and carports, and municipal water.
Farrar Pond Village amenities include:
- On-site maintenance manager
- Two Har-Tru tennis courts (currently closed pending renovation or removal)
- Snow removal to each front door
- Smoke detectors in each unit that sound alarms in all units in the building and at the Lincoln Fire Department
- Garden plots, greenhouse, and community picking flower garden
- Play equipment for young children
- Convenient access to conservation trails and canoe landing on Farrar Pond
- Well-behaved pets are welcome, subject to some regulation
- Nearby commuter rail to downtown Boston
In addition, each unit has access to the natural gas pipeline and cable, including high-speed internet service (Comcast or Verizon FIOS).
Farrar Pond Village is extraordinary. It is a challenge to find the combination of amenities and rural character so close to Boston!